Thursday, May 23, 2019

How Much Do You Know About Garcinia Cambogia For Weight Loss?

A few months ago I decided I wanted to  Glucomannan Plus Review get back into the saddle of a bicycle. I used to love to ride as a kid. For me, the advantage to riding as an adult is that I don't have to walk to exercise. I know. It sounds weird, but I have a lot of lower back pain that extends down into my left leg. Biking, for some reason, doesn't hurt and walking does. My main goal was to be able to ride a fair distance along the Bosque Trail in Albuquerque. Today I accomplished that goal with a 10 mile ride! As I rode along the beautiful path, praying that nobody does something stupid, like drop a cigarette because the fire danger is at an all-time high, I noticed something interesting about the other people who were moving along the path--we shared a quest to become healthier beings. There was the elderly man shuffling down the path while firmly gripping a ski pole in each hand for balance, the new mom pushing the stroller with two young children straggling behind, the recumbent bike for two with what looked like a mother 80s/ son 60s team enjoying a day out, the various sized and shaped walkers, runners and roller bladers, and, of course, the Lance Armstrong-type professional cyclists whizzing around and between those of us who couldn't quite match their pace.

Modern media does a great job of projecting us as being a culture of fat, lazy and glutinous people. What I saw on that trail told me otherwise. We may, at times, be overindulgent, but we are living in a time where there is a lot of pressure to succeed no matter what the cost. Competition is high. Work hours are long. Sleep is expendable, and there is little time for food preparation. We tend to eat on the run, whether it's in between meetings, or after work trying to get the kids to their next activity.

Yes, fast-food, including pre-cooked, processed, and grab-n-go food has become a way of life for many. Unfortunately, with that type of food comes a lot of preservatives, hydrogenated oils, high fat, high carbohydrate, and high sodium ingredients. These are the demons that contribute to weight gain, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. Because we are an adaptable society, food producers have adapted their products to meet the perceived needs of our fast-paced world. The truth is, we can't battle the bulge and not change our eating habits. It doesn't matter if you ride the Bosque, only to find yourself ingesting high calorie foods when you're done.


A year ago, I weighed almost 60 lbs more than I do today. As a result, I feel and look so much better. But regardless, my body mass index BMI is still 31.7, which puts me in the Obese category. I need to lose another 10 lbs before I get to be just "over-weight." I have to lose another 40 lbs. to be considered "healthy." Wow! This sobering data came on the heels of me being "stuck" in my progress for the past two weeks. I know plateauing is a normal phenomenon, but that doesn't make it any less discouraging. I've been working hard to boost my metabolism by increasing my exercise routine. In my head, I know this is a temporary situation that will resolve as long as I continue to follow my lifestyle plan. I can't help but wondering, though, if surgically assisted weight-loss isn't a better way to go for those of us who are, or were once considered morbidly obese.



No comments:

Post a Comment