Monday, May 6, 2019

The Fifth Vital Sign Is Pain - How Did That Come About?

To forestall the problem of having to Nerve Renew Review  put Misty out of her considerable misery, I bought Ann an emergency backup dog, Moose. He was a Cocker Spaniel with a major brain disability. We did not immediately realize he had a mental disorder but, after watching him chase cars up and down the road outside our house, we realized he was an adrenaline junkie. I used to joke to people who came to the door about making sure they killed him outright so we didn't have the horror of him suffering somewhere on the road. Fortunately, or unfortunately really, Ann was driving the car he got too close to and she fatally ran over him. To soften the blow, I immediately bought a new dog, a Cocker Spaniel puppy we named Rosie.

After Misty passed on, in a moment of madness I bought a puppy to be a therapy dog for my children. Then Christmas 2014, we bought a cross breed, Chihuahua, Jack Russell, Maltese, puppy as a present for our then four-year-old daughter.This means that we have the main dog, Rosie, the Cocker Spaniel. Then there is our emergency backup dog, Dallas, an Australian Shepherd. Finally there is the extra, a small yappy dog, Beau, or as everyone else calls him Bo-Bo. I call him Bo-Zo and this name is beginning to catch on.My problem is that Dallas and Bo-Zo are males and want to constantly bark up the neighborhood and bother other people and their dogs. I am constantly harassed by them to let them out and then, shortly after, to let them in again. I am then harassed again to let them out. If I allowed it, this cycle would be repeated every five minutes.

Rosie believes she is alpha dog and refuses to accept that I am in charge. She does not want to go out for any longer than is needed to do her business. This means that, at times, I have to force her to go out. She then immediately demands to be back in. The "boys" often ask to be back in, but run away as soon as they reach the back door. This is when I feel inclined to let them loose, but I don't, because I am a nice person who doesn't want to sleep in the dog cage.

The dogs are under my feet constantly trying to steal food, barking at whatever they think is going on outside, chewing things and noisily fighting. When visitors come to our house, I frequently appear to be calling the visitor names as I shout and push the dogs out of the way when I open the door. Visitors sometimes stop moving when they hear me shout "stay", not realizing I am talking to the dogs.By sheer weight of numbers, one or more of them often gets out. We no longer want to let Dallas out without being tied up, as a neighbor has threatened to shoot him if he gets into their yard again. So him escaping through the front door is a major problem. Where Dallas goes, Bo-zo follows, and we have two dogs being pests with targets painted on their backs. Rosie simply runs around the house and begins to scratch at the back door, demanding to be back in again.



No comments:

Post a Comment